Info for the General Public
Snow on the Sidewalks
Where are the Snow Plows?
State Roads, City Streets and Private Streets are all cleared by different plows. Please see the map on the City & State Roads page to determine who owns the road you are inquiring about.
- State Roads are plowed and maintained by UDOT
- City Streets are plowed and maintained by Ogden City Public Services
- Private Streets and Lanes are usually maintained by a private plow service contracted by the owner.
Ogden City crews will clear snow from priority roads first. Priority roads include:
- Routes leading to Hospitals
- Routes leading to Schools
- City-maintained heavily traveled roads
- Slick hills and dangerous curves
When those areas are cleared, side streets are completed.
City workers try to have all roads cleared within 15 hours unless the storm is prolonged. Then, priority roads take precedence and other streets (residential and dead-end streets) will be cleared when conditions allow.
Street Parking in the Winter
It is the City's policy to plow curb to curb. Cars should not be parked on the street. On garbage day, cans should be removed from the road as soon as possible. Cars that remain unmoved on city streets more than 48 hours past the end of a snow event are at risk of being cited (ticketed) and possibly towed. (See Ogden City Code 10-5-21 for more detail)